I don’t believe guitars should gather dust in closets, so a big part of my mission is to get vintage guitars and player-grade instruments into the hands of folks who’ll play them and love them. Based on what the customers below have to say, I’ve had a few successes.
“Great seller, followed up by email, and the guitar arrived very quickly. I got a kick out of the excellent packaging job, it was like unwrapping a mummy. Very well protected. Buy with confidence.
– Jim, rocking and jangling a Lake Placid Blue 12-String Stratocaster XII in Nebraska!
“Very smooth transaction! I highly recommend Vintage Soul. Russ answered any questions accurately and quickly. The bass is in better than described condition. It was packed with care and arrived in three days. Extremely satisfied!”
– Jon, jamming on a 1984 Fretless Fender Jazz in Olympic White down on the Jersey Shore!
“Wonderful instrument, wonderful shopping experience :)”
– Alissa, rocking out on a red sparkle sunburst Danelectro Rumor Danoblaster in sunny LA!
“Couldn’t ask for a better transaction. Communication was excellent. This seller rates above and beyond most (if not all) I’ve dealt with. Plus, he writes the best descriptions ever 😉 I will definitely be keeping an eye on Vintage Soul Guitars listings and likely be buying from them again. Thanks!”
– Dylan, mercilessly shredding on a 1985 Ibanez ProLine PR1550 in Escondido, California!
“Buying from Mr. Somers of Vintage Soul Guitars was a great experience! After surprisingly accepting my lower offer, he was incredibly nice and communicative throughout the entire process. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him again and I recommend everyone check out his super cool stuff!”
– Derek, laying it down with a 1960’s hollow-body Apollo bass!
– Jackson, ruling Jersey with a 1988 Katana bass!
“Seller packed guitar exceptionally well. Good communication. Positive experience.”
– Dierdre, rocking around NYC with a 1968 sunburst Japanese Vintage Polaris!
-Romano, blowing minds with a Gibson Zoot Suit SG in British Columbia!
– Shawn, with a blueburst 2001 Danelectro U2 ’56 in Portland, Maine!
– Matt, with a 1967 sunburst Japanese vintage Blackjack viola bass in Medicine Hat, Alberta!
“After I received the guitar I had an issue that I messaged him about. He was very quick to respond and very helpful. We got the issue resolved and I’m very happy with the guitar. I would absolutely buy from ‘vintage soul guitars’ again.’
– Zach, jamming on a 1960’s blonde Kapa Continental!
“It was a pleasure to make this purchase from Russ. I bought this fine instrument while in the process of making a major move from New York to New Orleans. He was very helpful in working all the logistics out to make sure that I had the information I would need to make any last minute changes with the shipping company and saw to it that the package would arrive at my new home on the same day I did. Even better, he did a great job of setting up and packaging the instrument. Amazingly low action & zero string buzz!! Packed with the strings good and loose for travel, plenty of bubble wrap on any surface that could potentially be damaged, inside a nice gig bag which was placed in a cardboard box, then placed inside a larger cardboard box with plenty of packing peanuts between the two. Just extremely personable and professional. What more can I say? Thank you Russ for everything. Consider me more than satisfied.”
– Jonathan from Jigsaw Soul, who’s now rocking a 2009 Hofner CT Club in Vintage Sunburst down in the Big Easy!
“Very nice archtop and excellent communication!”
– Brad, with a 1950’s Orpheum Archtop in hand in KC!
“Great guitar. Description was accurate and shipped out fast.”
– Zac from Thee Triassics, sporting a turquoise 1967 Domino Californian!
“Russ, What a beaut! Everything looks and sounds great. A pleasure doing business with you. Nice packing job too!
– George, wailing on a wine-red HB35 in a cabin in a California forest!
– Tyler, rocking H-town with a 1960’s Sears “Hologram” Telecaster!